July 17, 2008

Florida, I miss you already.

I'm moving to Denver at the end of the month to hang out with my grandpa, my cousins, the mountains, and the prairie dogs for a bit. I will likely be back in St. Pete in a year or so to finish up a degree, but until then I dearly will miss all my favorite people in my favorite city in Florida.

Before I start sobbing, let's talk about how great Denver is. Specifically, how great Denver food is. I went for a short visit with some friends in June, and we went to WaterCourse Foods for brunch on our last day in town.

I may have had two meals. To myself.

Good ole rocky mountain gluttony.


Florentine Scramble


Biscuits and Gravy


I like vegan foods with bloody in the name.

We were all a little pink and crispy from a picnic in Wash Park the day before.

Matt, Erin, Stephanie, Patrick. BFFs, rock lobsters.

We ate too much. And made food babies.

They've got the glow.


WaterCourse brunch is enough to make me want to move 1500 miles, but big green parks, family, and a change of pace are enough to lock it in. Plus, Coopy will be stoked about the flea situation. Take care, Florida, I'll be back soon.

<3

3 comments:

  1. Amanda says that those Biscuits and Gravy look like the pictures of warts we googled...

    I like food babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's some great vegan food in Denver / Boulder ... especially Boulder.

    http://www.threelittlefigs.com/boulder_guide.html

    Enjoy Colorado... I grew up there and still miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the move! I just recently moved across my province so I know how stressful it can be, but it's so exciting meeting new people and finding new vegan food outlets in a new city.

    ReplyDelete