March 10, 2008

We are slowly turning into our parents.

I had a dinner party on Wednesday. Here is Pam's photographic record:

Baguette with pesto, tomatoes, and Follow Your Heart Mozzarella. This was then broiled until the cheese was melted and slightly browned. I usually am not a fan of fake cheese, but this one rules.

This is what vegan bruschetta does to people.

Vodka sauce! This is the recipe from Veganomicon, except with 1/2 C Better Than Cream Cheese subbed for the almonds. I love it with the almonds, but I was out.
If you look closely, you can see the mushroom phyllo pies all ready to go into the oven.

Check out my tacky new glasses.

The spread! From top left: Steph's awesome salad (with edible flowers and balsamic vinaigrette), mushroom phyllo pies with herbed bechamel (recipe is here), bruschetta (see above), Erin's herb roasted potatoes (potatoes roasted with Italian herbs and olive oil at 450), Penne Vodka from Veganomicon (with variation, see above), and braised broccoli and green beans with Walnut Sauce from Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen. For dessert there were Raspberry Chocolate Cookie ice cream sandwiches (Veganomicon), but no pictures.

Too much food.

Way too much food.

Just enough wine.

This picture is actually from the next night at Built to Spill, and I added it on accident and now blogger won't let me delete it. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment