March 20, 2008

B to the R to the U to the N to the C to the H

Spells brunch.

The next Brunch and Bike Ride is April 20th. $5, bike ride at 12:30, brunch at 1:30, proceeds to the The Skirts (you don't know what that is yet, but I'm pretty sure you want to contribute). Menu up soon. The next BBQ and Bike Ride is April 12th at Pam's house, in honor of Pam's birthday. Email me for details, please.

March's bike ride and brunch was lovely, and we raised some bucks for V-Day. RRF's Cinnamon Rolls were so charming that we killed my camera battery taking pictures. Most of these are from Pam. Thanks Pam!

What we eated: Soft and hard tacos with fu scramble, Breakfast Veggie Chorizo (VWAV), fajita veggies, guacamole, pico de gallo, cilantro rice, black beans with mango sauce (thanks Katie!), salsa, and vegan sour cream. Also plantains, chili-lime mashed potatoes (recipe at the end of the post), strawberries, and those excellent cinnamon rolls from Bjorked Off.






The line moves fast, I swear. This is no Splash Mountain.



Steph and Pam, my lovely and sophisticated co-hosts.


Brunchers.





Pam always takes pretty bike pictures, and I never post them because I get too preoccupied with food pictures. But I remembered this time.


That keg has been there since we moved in. I think.









This is March, did you know? And look at this gorgeous weather.
<3 Florida <3


The worthy cause for April 20th.


And finally, the recipe for Chili Lime Mashed Potatoes.

3 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed, eyes removed, cut into 1-2 inch chunks (I leave the skins on, but you don't have to)
1/4 C vegan margarine (I use Earth Balance)
1/4 C unsweetened soymilk
1/2 - 1 C vegan cream cheese (I use Tofutti; adjust amount according to how decadent you like your potatoes)
1 t chili powder (or to taste)
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and fresh pepper to taste

Boil potatoes until tender. Drain, add remaining ingredients, and mix until no large chunks remain.

3 comments:

  1. awesomeness. we've started an institution. how does it feel, miss abbie rae? great work, the food was truly epic and good times were had by all!

    also, don't forget my b-day bbq! april 12th.

    -pammypampam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing!! Great work. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want brunch and weather like that, like, right now. ooooooh, I wish! awesome spread.

    ReplyDelete