September 28, 2008

I have some news.

I have been a bad web logger. Two weeks without a post? For shame. But VeganMofo (Vegan Month of Food, in which we write about food like mad) is soon, and I will be blogging my little heart out.

But that is not the news. This is:

1. I am making a zine! It will be out in a few months (there are wonderful testers hard at work), all proceeds will go to an animal-type charity, and it will be called Hooray Vegan Volume 1: Cures for Veganphobia.

2. I got a cake stand! This may seem like no huge deal, but I have wanted one for a long, long time. It seemed like a luxury. Why buy a cake stand when you can just stick it on a plate and cover it in foil? So it turns out it is a luxury, but almost a necessary one if you love to bake. I christened it with a pineapple upside down layer cake (a zine tester!), and it made a world of difference. This cake was a bit ugly (I couldn't find my pastry bags, so the only frosting is in the middle), but it looked so lovely once placed in its shiny new glass case. I would call this situation lipstick on a pig, but the cake was actually delicious, and probably better versed in foreign policy than certain Alaskan governors.

The cake was eaten too quickly for pictures, but I did manage to get a picture of the no bake cookies (another zine recipe) as they were cooling.


So good, so nostalgic. 

Anyway, look out for the zine, and get ready for Vegan Mofo. This fall is going to be great.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about the nostalgia factor of no-bake cookies. One of those specific items I remember from my childhood that I would continue to eat today (although it's been months since I've made any).

    ReplyDelete